This latest publication from the ECIS Effective International Schools series provides a simple yet comprehensive guide to the role and importance of data and how it can be used to improve all aspects of school life.
International Schools have begun to recognise the importance of effectively managing data. This book provides a simple yet comprehensive guide to the role and importance of his data.
1. Getting started: what's the point of data anyway?
2. Making data work for your school
3. Vision and data: the yin and yang of school improvement
4. Are they learning anything? Measuring how far our students have come
5. Data at its worst: the report card fiasco
6. Fuelling the admissions engine with data
7. Data and the school's business office
8. The importance of data in the development office
9. From portfolio to dashboard: bring in the IT team
10. Going green: measuring the impact of what we do
11. The business of surveys: listening with action in mind
12. A data framework to support strategic planning
13. Reporting to the board: what do they want to receive?
14: Creating a culture of data informed decision-making
15. Collaboration or competition: sharing data between schools
16. When is data useful and when is it not the right resource?
17. Conclusions and predictions
Edited by David Willows and Brian Bedrick